Mike has been a major participant in the political, cultural and business growth of Sonoma County over the past four decades. He retired from the active practice of law at the end of February 2020, after more than 52 years of practicing law as an AV-rated California attorney.
In addition to Mike’s esteemed law career, he was instrumental on numerous boards and committees, co-founded a commercial bank, and currently owns A.M. Properties with his wife Maureen. The community is grateful to Mike for his years of dedicated service and accomplishments:
- Sonoma County Airport serving as Chair of the Sonoma County Airline Attraction Committee
- Town of Windsor, leadership in incorporating the Town of Windsor in 1992
- Luther Burbank Center for the Arts, past Trustee and current Honorary Board Member
- Sonoma State University, co-founded Ambassadors for Higher Education
- Commonwealth Club, Regional Board member and instrumental in bring the club to Sonoma County.
Rotary, a member since 1975, Mike served as director, leader, President of his club, then District Governor, regional trainer, and developer of international leadership programs. “Service Above Self” is one of his proudest accomplishments.
Mike comes from an era of collaboration and shared success. He has learned and practiced over the years that one can disagree on policy issues and in legal advocacy, without being disagreeable. The scope of his professionalism, accomplishments and recognitions are in keeping with the highest standards of the Sonoma County Bar Association. We miss Mike in the office and wish him much joy in his well-deserved retirement.