Marlon represents individuals and business entities in their daily needs. He handles business structuring, real estate, estate planning, probate, trust, aviation, and litigation.
Marlon has lived in Sonoma County since 1983 and has strong ties to the community.
He has been a member of the Sonoma County Aviation Commission for 25 years and served as Chairman for the past 5 years.
He is current President and board member of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA Chapter 124) and involved in the Pacific Coast Air Museum and its flight wing.
Marlon has participated in Leadership Santa Rosa and is a member of the Sonoma County Probate section of the local Bar Association.
Marlon developed an aviation law specialty based upon his aviation background and association with AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) Marlon is a licensed pilot and owns a 1967 Citabria that he rebuilt with his father, an aircraft mechanic. They also own a Cessna 195.
Marlon represents pilots, mechanics, aircraft owners, FBO’s and aviation-related Non-Profit museums. His practice includes appeals before the NTSB. [EA-5179]. He has assisted numerous buyers and sellers of aircraft, including ex-military and experimental aircraft.
Marlon is one of AOPA’s legal services panel attorneys.
Admitted to practice: 1989
- Supreme Court of California: 9th District Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- Order of the Coif. Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award
- Pacific Law Journal/Review of Selected Legislation.
- Member, Sonoma County, and American Bar Associations.
- State Bar of California (Estate Planning, Trust and Transactions Sections).
- Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association
- Sonoma County Aviation Committee
- Airport Master Plan, Citizens Advisory Committee
Areas of Practice:
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1989
- B.S., Sonoma State University, 1986
View our list of 5 basic questions to ask an Aviation Lawyer before hiring them.