Our team at Merrill, Arnone & Jones, LLP is committed to meeting the short- and long-term legal needs of individuals and businesses throughout Northern California. Our attorneys have an extensive understanding of numerous areas of the law. We will work closely with you to thoroughly understand the challenges you face before identifying and implementing the legal solutions you need to overcome obstacles and solve problems.
Schedule an initial consultation to learn more about how our firm can help you solve legal problems and achieve your goals.
We regularly assist companies and individuals in a wide variety of industries. Our team will carefully analyze your situation and determine how best to protect your interests and achieve your objectives.
Our attorneys at Merrill, Arnone & Jones, LLP can assist you with matters involving:
- Aviation Law. Attorney Marlon Young can assist pilots and aviation industry professionals with questions or issues that may arise in general aviation and has successfully represented pilots in FAA enforcement actions. Young is a commercial pilot, an aircraft owner, and an AOPA panel attorney with over 35 years of experience in the aviation industry.
- Business Law. Our firm has facilitated business and real estate transactions, new company organizations, and resolutions to litigation and contractual issues. We have represented many types of businesses, from burgeoning startups to multinational corporations.
- Cannabis Law. Our team can assist you with all elements of California’s growing cannabis industry, including the procurement of required licenses and guidance in regulatory compliance.
- Estate Planning. We can work closely with you and your family to develop a well-designed estate plan that works to protect your loved ones, assets, and legacy throughout your lifetime. Our team can assist you with wills, trusts, advance directives, powers of attorney authorizations, business succession planning, and more.
- Family Law. If you are navigating a delicate familial conflict – including a contested divorce – do not underestimate the importance of having an experienced lawyer on your side. We are compassionate to the difficulties families experience as a result of these types of conflicts and will work to secure the favorable outcome you deserve.
- Intellectual Property. Your business’s intellectual property portfolio is an extremely valuable asset that must be fiercely protected. We are extensively familiar with trademarks, copyrights, patents, and trade secret laws and can help your company protect its intellectual property. We can also help you exploit your intellectual property through licensing.
- Labor and Employment Issues. Our firm represents workers and employers in cases involving NLRB practice representation issues, Cal-OSHA claims, and workers’ compensation. We can also assist you with government agency actions involving the U.S. Department of Labor, the EEOC, and the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- Probate. If a loved one has passed away, our team can help settle their estate. We can guide you through each step of California’s probate process and will work to efficiently resolve will contests, creditor claims, and any other disputes that may arise.
- Public Entities. Our firm can provide legal support to the public utilities and officials that provide vital services to our communities, including fire protection, parks & recreation, water supply, healthcare, and emergency medical transportation.
- Real Estate. We regularly help corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), and partnerships merge their business needs with real property ownership. We can assist you with all types of commercial real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, and leases.
Our team at Merrill, Arnone & Jones, LLP can provide diligent representation in commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, including mediation and arbitration. Our firm has engaged in complex business litigation involving multiple parties and agencies in both the federal and state court systems. Our attorneys are aggressive litigators that will leverage our decades of experience to protect your interests in and out of the courtroom. We are prepared to do whatever it takes to secure a favorable resolution in your case.